Friday, October 31, 2008

Easy Crock Pot Chili

Whew.

I am tired.

We passed out candy to an estimated 300 trick-or-treater's last night.

Three Hundred(!).

That's a lot of ghosts, goblins, skeletons, pirates, cinderella's, Buzz Light Years, tramps,, monsters and miscreant's traipsing up to my door.

I blame the warm weather. Every kid in town decided to come out.
But it was fun!




It was a beautiful fall evening. We carved jack-o-lantern's and basked in the glow of autumn leaves. And the chili I served for my daughter's birthday party turned out tasty and delicious. One of the things I like best about this chili is the longer it sets in the slow cooker, the better it gets. It's one of those recipes you can make in the morning and forget about until later that evening when the ghosts arrive.

Easy Crock Pot Chili
3 - 4 lbs. coarse ground beef
1 small onion chopped
2 packets of Williams Texas Chili Seasoning
1 can chopped green chili's - drained
1 large can Muir Glen chunky tomato sauce
1 bottle O'douls Amber beer
1 can chili beans
salt
pepper

Brown coarse ground meat in a large dutch oven on top of stove. Salt and pepper meat to taste. Add 1 small chopped onion and cook just until onion softens. Add (2) packets of chili seasoning. (I use 1 packet for every 2 lbs. of meat). Stir this mixture around a bit to let the spices blend well with the meat. Next add chunky tomato sauce; 1 can drained green chili's; 1 bottle of O'doul's Amber beer; and 1 can of chili beans. You can use any beer you want here. I heard about O'doul's from America's Test Kitchen. And I like the flavor it adds when cooking. Also add 4 cups of water until you get your desired consistency. I prefer Chili that is almost soup-like, but others like it really thick. It's up to you. Allow to simmer in crock pot, or on top of stove, for several hours until spicy and delicious.

Serve with Frito's; shredded, sharp cheddar cheese; and chopped green onions.

Happy Autumn everybody. I almost forgot, I've been blogging for exactly one year today. It's been a great year. I hope to have a contest soon. I am sorry, I have been so busy lately. It just crept up on me. Looking forward to Thanksgiving.

9 comments:

Proud Italian Cook said...

Congratulations on one year of blogging Michelle!!! Time flys dosen't it? I love that amber beer addition in your chili, I'll have to give that a try!!

Michelle said...

Proud Italian Cook -
Time sure does fly. I really don't know where the year went. It's been a blast getting to know you and all the other nice people in the blogging world. I look forward to many more!

Cynthia said...

Everytime I visit your blog, I am captivated by the pic in your header.

Michelle said...

Cynthia-
I'm glad you like the header pic. I love black and white photo's and have been thinking about incorporating more of them in my blog - perhaps this is a sign.

Michelle said...

Cynthia-
I'm glad you like the header pic. I love black and white photo's and have been thinking about incorporating more of them in my blog - perhaps this is a sign.

Jean W said...

Mmmmm. Yum. I'll try your recipe. Thanks! I like your blog!!!

Linda said...

This looks like a delightful recipe and I'll be trying it soon! Thanks! I also love the photo of the tree - looking up at the leaves through the sunlight ~ it really captures the magic of Autumn. Just gorgeous!

Michelle said...

Jean, Linda -
Thanks so much for all your nice comments. Let me know how the chili turns out!

disa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色