Thursday, January 1, 2009

Just For Luck

Things have been a bit hectic lately, and I am sorry to say, there has been little time for soup, and I really do feel bad about that. Some people go to the end of their days with regrets, and I only have one, and that is, I wish I had more time for soup. But I did find time to make a nice pot of black eyed peas today, just for luck.

Also, for those living in the OKC area, I was able to enjoy a tasty bowl of Enchilada Soup at the Beatnix Cafe on 13Th street between Robinson and Broadway this week. My son, whom I'd mercilessly drug along on a shopping trip - food bribery always works with him - devoured his grilled turkey sandwich with jalapeno and said it was one of the best he'd ever eaten. We stopped by in the middle of the afternoon, so it wasn't too crowded - and I suppose that is what I liked best about this little place - it's quiet, laid back atmosphere. And the art. They had great art. And great coffee mugs. Which is always a bonus in my book.

I really do hope this place does well. OKC needs more places like this. And my only regret is that I don't live closer  so I could walk there every day, for coffee and for lunch, and then mosey back home again to one of the historic mansions nearby, to my cats, and read books, and eat more soup. It would be such a glorious life(!).




I am looking forward to the new year and getting back to my regular routine of posting again. I have missed you all and want to thank everyone for stopping by and allowing me this outlet of sharing my thoughts and recipes, and want to wish everyone a Happy and Delicious New Year!

And, oh, yes, I am usually not one for New Years resolutions, but this year, I am going to take some inspiration from the Beatnix Cafe, and my goals are to listen to some good music, relax a little, hang out with my kids, and most of all, eat more soup.

Take care!