Friday, April 10, 2009

Grey Days

It's midnight. The only chance I've had to update this silly blog in weeks. I'm working full time now and my commute time has also increased. So it's official ... I'm a certified rat in the rat race.

To sum it up, I drive a small grey SUV to work on early gray mornings, down a long grey turnpike at a fast-forward pace to a large gray building in which I wind my way through a long grey maze of cubicles, where I wind up setting all day long in front of a grey computer, enduring a sordid grey, inhuman existence.

To make matters worse, as an Aquarius, I tend to retire from the world at times and become a temporary loner. I bake bread, read books, shuffle about the house in sweatshirts and old baggy pants and quite enjoy myself. I highly recommend it.



Anyone seen that documentary Grey Gardens? I really must find a new job soon. Or else, one day, you may find me dancing around on TV with a scarf on my head talking to fourteen cats.

I haven't been cooking much lately. But there have been a few special dishes. And I guess I should keep a camera nearby in the kitchen, for often by the time I get something made, the gang is so starved that we just dig in and there's never enough time for pics. Dishearteningly, I think to myself, that would have made a good pic for the blog. But life is like that. It speeds by at a grey, blur-like pace.



So sometimes I try to slow things down a bit and stop and view the colors. Which is pretty hard to do here in Oklahoma - with the smoke from the fires, the gray skies, and the tornadoes going by. Nothing much sounded good for Friday night's supper, so I made some quick appetizers and we all just snacked out.

My hubby really enjoyed this Hot Artichoke Dip. And like most things I make, I read a recipe once as a starting point, then pretty much did my own thing. So that's why it's always so difficult for me to give you a recipe, when there isn't one there really to begin with. The typing and blogging part always come easy. It's those damn pictures and recipes that challenge me. Perhaps someday my daughter will become Little Edie to my Big Edie and take over that job for me. It's a horrifyingly, funny thought.

Hot Artichoke Pepper Dip

2 cans medium Artichoke Hearts, drained and finely chopped
1 large, fresh Anaheim pepper, chopped
2-3 pickled banana peppers from a jar, chopped
1/2 large red, sweet pepper, chopped
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
1 1/2 cups Mayo
Good pinch of salt
A pinch of cayenne pepper

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Bake in 8" square baking dish in oven at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

Serve with homemade Pita Chips

Pita Chips

Take one package of Pita and split each pita apart into two, thin, round Pita's if you like them really thin and crispy. Take about 1/4 cup of olive and mix in about one teaspoon of garlic salt and one teaspoon of good Spanish Paprika. Spread pita evenly on a baking sheet and brush with the olive oil mixture. Bake in 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until desired crispiness.

You may have noticed in the first picture that there weren't many pita chips in the basket. That's because they were so good, we ate most of them before the dip was finished baking. I made more. But they disappeared too.

4 comments:

Proud Italian Cook said...

Hi Michelle, I've been thinking of you there in Ok. I think your writing is great, you have a way with expression. Everyone needs a release from the mundane things we have to do, maybe you should write a book!
Hope you had a happy Easter!
Hugs, Marie

Linda said...

I'm so glad to see you back here. Been thinking of you and wondering how you've been. I understand the mundane, yet as you know - life is what you make it and there is beauty all around us every day, in the little simple things, if we take a moment and look closely. Thanks for the yummy recipe. :)

Kate said...

"To make matters worse, as an Aquarius, I tend to retire from the world at times and become a temporary loner. I bake bread, read books, shuffle about the house in sweatshirts and old baggy pants and quite enjoy myself. I highly recommend it." Oh wow, another thing we have in common! I'm a January Aquarius baby too, and you sound much like me. Do you take to the water as much as I Do as well? Can't keep me out of it. I'm happy you found my giveaway post and that I found your blog. Now I have some catch up reading to do.

disa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色