Sunday, August 9, 2009

Balsamic Chicken

For a person who loves food and holidays, August can be a trying month.

Biding my time, waiting for summer's heat to subside, anticipating fall, I feel trapped in culinary limbo.

What to do?

When relatives sprang a surprise visit on me last weekend - relatives who mainly eat chicken - I quickly perused some of my favorite food blogs for inspiration and found Proud Italian Cook's Balsamic and Herb Grilled Chicken.





I changed the vegetables up a bit, but this was an easy dish to prepare for a crowd.

I began by marinating organic, boneless chicken breasts overnight in a mixture of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, crushed garlic, Dijon mustard, a dash of salt and pepper - then grilled the chicken along with some fresh asparagus and finished with a squeeze of lemon.

Note: I own a bottle of aged balsamic vinegar, of which my son coyly said while drizzling over his bread, Wow, this vinegar is older than me. And he's about to finish college. Do not waste your money using this type of vinegar as a marinade. The cheaper balsamic from the grocery store works fine here, adding a nice sharpness to the marinade.

If you would like to see more inspiring and beautiful things to eat, go to http://www.prouditaliancook.blogspot.com/.

A bit of a warning however, her ricotta poundcake is weight-gainingly irresistible.

Marie, I hope you don't mind me giving you a shout out(!).

4 comments:

Proud Italian Cook said...

Michelle, You are a doll! Thank you for the shout out, who would mind that! Awesome photo of your dish, and love the asparagus! September is right around the corner, I'll be waiting for some good soup from you.
big hug!

Michelle said...

Marie -
My sister's kids are very picky eaters, and they loved this dish! So I gave all the credit to you. It was easy. Can't wait for soup season!

Linda said...

I'm a fan of hot summer weather, but the humidity is what gets to me and so, when the cooler, Autumn-like temperatures arrived this week, I've been happy and maybe I'll feel like real cooking again as well.

This recipe looks wonderful - I'll have to give it a try. Thanks!

disa said...

AV,無碼,a片免費看,自拍貼圖,伊莉,微風論壇,成人聊天室,成人電影,成人文學,成人貼圖區,成人網站,一葉情貼圖片區,色情漫畫,言情小說,情色論壇,臺灣情色網,色情影片,色情,成人影城,080視訊聊天室,a片,A漫,h漫,麗的色遊戲,同志色教館,AV女優,SEX,咆哮小老鼠,85cc免費影片,正妹牆,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,聊天室,情色小說,aio,成人,微風成人,做愛,成人貼圖,18成人,嘟嘟成人網,aio交友愛情館,情色文學,色情小說,色情網站,情色,A片下載,嘟嘟情人色網,成人影片,成人圖片,成人文章,成人小說,成人漫畫,視訊聊天室,性愛,a片,AV女優,聊天室,情色